`
home about contact products facebook pinterest bloglovin teachers pay teachers email Image Map

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Climb Inside a Poem

Is it already August!??  I swear time literally speeds up every June and July.

I write curriculum for my district every summer, and I was blessed to be given a fantastic project this go-round!  In an effort to integrate and embed more poetry into our Language Arts curriculum, the district purchased the Climb Inside a Poem series by Georgia Heard and Lester Laminack.  I took the poems and lessons included in the book, aligned them with our current curriculum, and adjusted the lessons to best address our specific standards.
We will be using these poems and lessons in both Kindergarten and 1st Grade.  They are INCREDIBLY developmentally-appropriate, child-centered, and FUN!  And the authors did such a great job of digging deep into each poem in authentic ways.  They include some very sophisticated vocabulary and concepts, but introduce them in such a way that the kids will really be able to understand and apply what they have learned.  If you need to include more poetry in your classroom, I highly recommend you take a look at Climb Inside.  

I hope you have had a wonderful summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment